What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Millions of women already know BOTOX® Cosmetic – a nonsurgical treatment that helps temporarily improve moderate to severe frown lines between the brows.
Those moderate to severe vertical lines between the brows are sometimes referred to as 1’s, 11’s, or 111’s.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in people 18 to 65 years of age for a short period of time.
Why do I get 1’s?
Years of squinting, concentrating, or frowning can cause your skin to furrow and crease. As time passes, your skin becomes less elastic and those moderate to severe frown lines remain even when your muscles aren’t contracting.
With BOTOX® Cosmetic you can get real, noticeable results and still look like yourself. So, you can still frown or look surprised, but without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Why consider BOTOX® Cosmetic?
No surgery. No recovery time.
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment is a quick, 10-minute procedure that requires no downtime or recovery – it’s often called a lunchtime procedure.
With a few tiny injections, BOTOX® Cosmetic blocks nerve impulses to the muscles in your forehead – called the “corrugator” and “procerus” muscles – reducing their movement. This decreased muscles activity helps lessen the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows for real, noticeable results.
Did You Know?
Important facts about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- 1st FDA-approved botulinum toxin to temporarily improve moderate to severe frown lines between the brows of people ages 18 to 65
- Our 10th year of real, noticeable results that are proven to last up to 4 months
- #1 prescribed product of its kind in the US
- ~ 11 million procedures have been performed since 2002
- Approved in ~ 72 countries for aesthetic use (called VISTABEL® outside the US)
- BOTOX® Cosmetic has a record of experience that your healthcare professional knows and trusts
- High satisfaction rate (over 95% since May 2011) among people surveyed who were treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic