Advanced Laser Technology
Our office is proud to have one of the newest, pain free, dental lasers that have been approved for soft tissue procedures. It can be used to treat periodontal (gum) disease, sterilize gum pockets, and for the treatment of apthous ulcers (canker sores) and fever blisters. It also can be used in cosmetic cases to enhance the look of the gums.
What can Waterlase Dentistry do?
We may use Waterlase Dentistry laser to treat your gums or any other soft tissue in your mouth to:
Improve Your Smile
We may suggest contouring or shaping your gums using Waterlase Dentistry to improve the appearance of your smile – safely removing excess gum tissue that may give you a “gummy” smile, or make your front teeth appear irregular in size or shape.
Remove Oral Growths
We may use Waterlase Dentistry to remove growths or excess tissue in your mouth including gum tissue over an unerupted tooth, small “tags” called papilla, and growths called fibromas.
Fix a “Tongue Tie” or Prevent Gum Recession
Connections that restrict the movement of your tongue or cause your gums to recede can be “released” with Waterlase Dentistry.
Treat Periodontal Disease
We recommend using Waterlase Dentistry to remove debris between your teeth and gums that can cause bleeding gums, gum recession and even loss of teeth.
Relieve the Pain of Cold Sores and Fever Blisters
- Waterlase Dentistry often provides immediate relief from painful cold sores and fever blisters
- Waterlase laser energy is applied to the sore for just a few seconds
- Most people experience immediate pain relief
- You probably won’t feel a thing during or after treatment
- Injection or sedation are seldom necessary
- You can probably avoid prescription medication for your sore, avoiding its side effects and potential drug interactions.